ETHNOMIR (ethnic world)
ETHNOMIR is the largest ethnographic Park-Museum of Russia (located in 100 km from Moscow), which is an interactive model of the real world. Here, in the area of 140 hectares, there is the architecture, local cuisine, crafts, traditions and everyday life of almost all countries. Each country has its own “cultural places”, which are called ethno-yard. The complex will be fully ready by 2020, but, part of ethno – yards is already built:
1.”Ukraine and Belarus” Ethno – yard shows the traditional life of the peoples of Belarus and Ukraine. The concept of ethno – yard aims to demonstrate the traditional way of life, labor concerns, ceremonies and celebration – shows, along with the beauty of the diversity of people’s life, the unity of spiritual and folk traditions of the Slavic peoples.
On a live map of ETHNOMIR territory, Russia, Belarus and Ukraine are the nearest neighbors. The people of Russia, Belarus and Ukraine are traditionally and closely connected by a common culture, tradition, long-standing historical relations.There are the following museums here: “Ukraine”, “Belarus”, which show the life of the Slavic people, national clothes, musical instruments, festivals, etc.; ethno – hotels, soap-making workshop, Museum of beekeeping and honey cafe, “Rodny Kut” workshop, Eco – baths and a restaurant.
2. Ethno-yard of “Museum of Russian Stove”. The whole life of the Slavic people is closely linked with a Russian stove. The stove was used for cooking food, baking bread and cakes, drying of grain, fish, berries, vegetables, fruits, mushrooms, medicinal herbs and roots. It treated all the colds, replaced the steam room successfully, played the role of a home weather station.
Russian stove has contributed to the appearance and development of many crafts. It has had a significant impact on the traditions and rituals of the Russian people. Despite the fact, that Russian stoves in different parts of Russia were different in its form, it had the same principle of the device.Different exposure in the huts allow you not only to get acquainted with a Russian stove, but also to plunge into the world of the Slavs. The Museum has ovens of different structure, shapes, designs — in fact, there are different stoves in different parts of Russia. The location of the stoves in the huts is the basis of the houses’ classification.
3. “Central Asian Countries” Ethno – yard. Currently construction of “Central Asian Countries” is not finished, but, the Museum of nomadic cultures has already worked. It offers guided tours, workshops and entertainment programs and ‘Nomads’ ethno – hotel, where everyone can spend the night in a felt nomads tent. The culture and traditions of the nomads can also be found in “Caravansarai” ethno – hotel, in the cafe of the national cuisine of the people of Central Asia “Teahouse” and lobby bar “Caravan”.
4. “North, Siberia and Far East” Ethno – yard. The main task of Ethno – yard is to show the diversity of the Siberian people, especially their culture. Ethno – yard has created all the conditions for living and recreation, where a guest of the park will be able to dive into the world of the people of the North, Siberia and the Far East for a short time. Accommodation in Khakas and Tuvan yurts and tents, chatting with keepers of traditions, songs and dances, competitions and games, Siberian cuisine, Museum of Siberian people homes – this is a fascinating journey through the Siberian land. Here you will find: Siberian hotel, museum, trading post, yurt tearoom, ” A wise nomad” cafe, Han-Yurt, field games, campfire place, a kennel of sled dogs, a wildlife museum, a bird house and a huge outdoor museum park of the people of Siberia, where there are dozens of different homes of Siberia, the Far East and the North: tents, karamoh and aila, balok and alas, balagan and urasa, pile yurts and huts, complex serge and totem poles.
5. “Russian courtyard” Ethno – yard. Here you will find educational and a hotel complex “Russian house”, made in the traditions of Russian wooden architecture, children’s playground, as well as the museum of ecological technology “eco-house”. Excursions to “Eco-house” will tell you how engineering solutions help to save natural resources, and how to live in harmony with nature, not destroying it. And at the master class “the Creation of bread” you can get acquainted with the traditions of bread-making in Russia and to prepare a magnificent loaf with your hands!
6. “South Asia” Ethno-yard. Here you will find 4 traditional houses, which represent unique and original culture of India, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
The house of Sri Lanka is built in Sri Lankan style of architecture, based on a complex of buildings in Kandy. Kandy is founded in the XIV century and is known as one of the sacred Buddhist cities. In 1988 the city is included in the world heritage list of UNESCO. The decoration of the house is a composition of a lion. Its prototype is Lion mountain in the other ancient city of Sri Lanka — Sigiriya. The house of Sri Lanka has a SPA hotel and SPA – center “Symbols”, which make a variety of procedures for “Uniform system of complex rehabilitation – ESCO”, ESCO massages around the world. You can also visit Bath island of the world with the rituals of beauty and health and a Museum of antique cameras of the world.
Cultural center of India (the last stage of the construction) is a collective image of the palaces of India, created during the reign of Great Mogul. In the future there will be here visual and exhibition halls, the Museum, in the basement — shop of Indian craftsmen from different States of India.
“India” ethno-hotel is built in the architectural style of Northern and North-Western parts of India. The hotel has 20 rooms, a recreation area, and a summer café.Nepal house. The project of Nepali house is made by Nepalese architects. Wooden carved windows and doors, as well as details of the interior are made by Nepalese craftsmen.
“Nepal” ethno – hotel and the Museum are opened in Nepal house. Here you can admire the architecture, sculptures, drums and bell of the world.
There are the following museums on the territory of Ethno-mir: samovars, dolls of the Nations of the world, Museum of iron, Museum of the USSR, museums “Ukraine”, “Belarus”, Russian stoves, beekeeping, wildlife, vintage cameras. And on the territory of Ecomir you will find Siberian husky and bird house. For outdoor activities it is possible to use bicycles and pedi-cabs, segways and pedal cars, you can rent boats and catamarans, in winter — skiing, tubing and ice.
In the territory of each ethno – yard there are daily guided tours and workshops, national holidays on the weekends and holidays, colorful music and entertainment programs, performances, folk games and festivities.
And also in the Park you can try on costumes, learn rare crafts, buy gifts, do-it-yourself useful things, to try the local cuisine, enjoy the Amusement park and much more. It is impossible to go all the interesting corners around the day, so it offers 10 unique ethnic hotels – huts, yurts, Himalayan and Nepalese houses and even theIndian Palace.